We allow time for loading and unloading. In coordination with the Sales department, you can agree realistic loading times with us that are geared to your needs. Your use of the wagons within the loading periods is included in the freight rate.
If there are problems with a return, for example, due to an exceptional situation such as production disruptions, and the agreed loading period is not sufficient, you will be charged demurrage according to the applicable prices and conditions of DB Cargo AG.
- Required day (if applicable, start of the individual loading shifts) and time of delivery
- Number and category of freight wagons required
- Possible replacement wagon categories
- Cargo type and weight of the wagon load (if applicable, number, length, weight of individual pieces)
- Destination yard and parking space (for international transports also destination country and desired routing)
- Required method of transport
Unusual doesn't mean impossible
With our freight wagons, everything is on the table – even the unusual. For example, transports where the permissible loading gauge or the permissible load per metre are exceeded.
Please contact your account manager three weeks before the start of the desired transport for information on the special operational measures required and the specific preparations that must be made. Your account manager will inform you once the preparations are complete and you can then place your order.
Your account manager or a member of the Customer Service team will also tell you about any relevant transport issues and any special requirements when loading or unloading your wagons, including issues that may arise with foreign rail freight carriers. Our loading consultancy experts in the various branches can also help if necessary.